[kde-freebsd] DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS for kde4

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.kde at mailing.thruhere.net
Tue Apr 21 14:18:02 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 12:18:43 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:59:37 +0200, Mel Flynn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a commit to disable make jobs by default for kde4. Except for not
> > getting colored output, I have only seen problems with kdeedu4. These
> > ports being a very large compile, are the problems documented somewhere
> > so that one may look into the CMake files to fix them?
>
> All kde4 ports except kdeedu and kdebase are jobs safe (at least on my box
> :). For some reason automoc hangs while building packages on pointyhat, so
> ports have been marked as unsafe.

There's a clear difference when building with 2 jobs and 1 job. The 2nd job
will do all mocs while the first starts compiling. I don't have a machine with
more then 2 cpu's, I suspect the pointyhat servers do and I can see this going
wrong if 2 or more jobs go after the mocs.
If the above assumption about the CPU's in pointyhat is correct, would it be
possible to set MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=2 in one of the ports (kdepim would be my
pick, but any will do that is not edu or base), and remove DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS?
--
Mel