[kde-freebsd] editors/koffice-kde3 is missing liblcms.la

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Apr 14 15:32:12 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:00:19 +0400
>
> Max Brazhnikov <makc at freebsd.org> mentioned:
> > koffice (and most if not all of kde3 ports) uses both shared and static
> > libraries. And it seems kde3 is not supposed to build without static
> > libs, so I think lcms should be reverted.
>
> Then it is clearly a bug in kde build system and should be fixed there and
> submitted upstream. Furthermore, it is a security maintaince problem.
KDE doesn't need static library, and don't use static library when a dynamic
library is available. And .la isn't a static library, but a libtool archive
which is needed by libtool to properly link. In KDE4/KOffice2, libtool isn't
used and therfore the problem has been "fixed", but for KDE3/KOffice 1.x, the
only solution is to use the liblcms.la file (which in itself doesn't cause a
security maitenance).

--
Cyrille Berger