[kde-freebsd] [Request For Commit] Qt 4.5 Build Fixes (with Qt33 installed)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:57:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

Could someone please commit the attached patches.  The pkg-plist's has not
been checked since Qt4.5 has very limited support for installing into a
custom PREFIX (more about that later).  Below are the details for each patch
file (according to port):

databases/qt4-odbc-plugin:
 - Add missing include to custom Makefile

devel/dbus-qt4:
 - Mark MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE [see below]

devel/qt4-corelib:
 - Remove port revision
 - Remove hack to hard-code the features of qconfig.h.  The hack now appears
to do more damage that good.  Attached is the qconfig.h generated by
configure (as apposed to the files/qconfig.h.in that has been removed).
 - P.S. Please add USE_ICONV when the fix is committed

devel/qt4-linguist:
 - Remove files/patch-0185-fix-format-strings.diff, API change, no longer
relevant.
 - Re-role patch (with filename change):
files/patch-tools__linguist__linguist__trwindow.cpp =>
files/patch-tools__linguist__linguist__mainwindow.cpp

devel/qt4-scripttools:
 - Add new port, required by misc/qt4-qtdemo.  Based on qt4-script.  pkg-plist
needs to be generated, will be done once installing into custom PREFIX has
been implemented.

devel/qt4-qvfb:
 - Fix build with qt33 installed (remove stray -I${LOCALBASE}) [see below]

misc/qt4-qtdemo:
 - Add missing dependency

multimedia_qt4-phonon:
 - Have the final Makefile generated before patching it

www/qt4-webkit:
 - Fix build with qt33 installed (remove stray -I${LOCALBASE}) [see below]

x11/qt4-opengl:
 - Fix build with qt33 installed (remove stray -I${LOCALBASE}) [see below]

All ports have been build with FORCE_MAKE_JOBS as set, so MAKE_JOBS_SAFE could
be set for all ports (done on a quad-core system), except for dbus-qt4.

The fixes for build with qt33 are a result from -I{LOCALBASE} being included
way to early.  How it gets there I do not know.  It appears to be included
after the specific .pro file has been read and before some extra .prf files
are read (such as mkspecs/features/unix/hide_symbols.prf).  Any idea as to
the root cause?

Currently qt4 (in area51) only supports installing the ports into the same
prefix as qmake4.  This is since the install prefix is hard coded into
qmake4.  I have found only one way to override this hard-code, that is to
recompile qmake4.  configure does this by default so I intend to restore this
behaviour (when installing into a different PREFIX as to that by the system
qmake).  This however will result in quite some growth in the Makefiles so I
propose to refractor the common code between the Makefiles (such as the
do-not-extract stuff).  This would hopefully simplify maintenance.

I propose to add the file devel/qt4/Makefile.common and have the other ports
(such as devel/qt4-corelib) include it.  If anyone has any objections or
alternative suggestions please let me know.

Regards,

David