[kde-freebsd] [patch] devel/py-sip 4.7.7 and x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui 4.4.3

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sun Sep 21 03:11:00 CEST 2008

On Saturday 20 September 2008 18:35:35 Etienne Robillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made 2 patches which updates x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui and devel/py-sip
> to 4.4.3 and 4.7.7 respectively:
>
> http://gthc.org/distfiles/py-sip.patch - Updates py-sip (in bsd.pyqt.mk) to
> 4.7.7 http://gthc.org/distfiles/py-qt4-gui.distinfo.patch - Updates the
> distinfo file in x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui
>
> To apply, I recommend the following steps:
>
> 1. cd /usr/ports
> 2. patch -p0 < /path/to/py-sip.patch
> 3. cd x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui
> 4. patch -p0  < /path/to/py-qt4-gui.distinfo.patch
>
> Comments are welcome!
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Etienne

What needs to be done is that all of the py-qt4-* ports get updated to
pyqt4.4.x and qscintilla2 and derived ports. Some new ports would need to be
created e.g. for webkit, phonon, qthelp and friends, the new xmlfoo
modules... And after that pykde4.

It's a bad idea to only update sip and one of the pyqt4 ports (e.g. gui). It
all comes from one set of source tarballs: sip, pyqt and qscintilla. While qt
is binary compatible over major versions, sip is not binary compatible at
all. So partially updating would surely lead to problems.

The setup script should be repatched to have the new qt4.4 modules. Also,
qt-phonon currently conflicts with kde4's phonon. I think we need a
workaround for that, and of course then also for its pyqt equivalent.

I will try to make some time to do the pyqt and related updates, hopefully on
monday. If you like/are able to do the whole shebang that would be fine too,
but please don't partially update the sip/qscintilla/pyqt/pykde combo.
I'm very busy lately, so to efficiently work on pyqt/pykde I rather reserve a
whole day or perhaps even two so that I can finish it somewhere past midnight
that day or the second ;-)

If you want to take it on (the whole shebang that is), you're welcome to do
so. Please let me know then, so that we don't duplicate work.

Cheers,

Dan