[kde-freebsd] How to compile yakuake-2.9.1

Kemian Dang fbsd.kdang at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:07:33 CEST 2008

Kemian Dang wrote:
> Andrew Fawcett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 10 September 2008 13:30:28 Kemian Dang wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> As the ports tree only has the KDE3 version yakuake, I searched its
>>> homepage, and find yakuake-2.9.4[1] which is compatible with KDE4.
>>> But I
>>> find there is no configure/makefile, neither installation guide. But it
>>> contains a file named CMakelist.txt.
>>> Has anybody compiled it before and could you please give me some clues.
>>>

>> General idea for cmake builds is:
>>
>> extract sources
>> mkdir builddir
>> cd builddir
>> cmake ..
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Thanks Andy, it builds.
>
> But there is a problem on running it.
> KIconLoader compaints that No such icon "yakuake", and Kdecore
> complaints findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib'
> prefix: "libkonsolepart.so".
> Then it exits...
>
> Kemian
After some dig, I found the problem is that the skin path that yakuake
produces from KStandardDirs is wrong.
I try to print QString by using toAscii() method, but without lucky, so
I do not know what actually it is, but I use hard code to indicate where
the skin file is, and it is OK now.

Best wishes,
Kemian