[kde-freebsd] kded will not start with hal enabled (3.5.10)

David Booth davidb at boothscientific.com
Tue Sep 9 22:05:48 CEST 2008

I recently installed kde4.1 on a system with kde3.5.10 installed and
thus enabled dbus and hal to get sound support in kde4.  This had the
side effect that kded will not start when kde3 is started.  When
started manually from within a konsole in kde3 kded fails with the
message

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/kde3/kded_mediamanager.so:
Undefined symbol "_ZN8DiscTypeC1ENS_4TypeE"

The workaround is to stop hal before starting kde3.  I seem to be
restart hal after kde3 is running without problems.

Is this a known issue?