[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.1 slowdowns

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Sep 2 20:15:30 CEST 2008

Has anybody else noticed weird slowdowns in KDE 4.1?

Several of our users are reporting it, and I've seen it here as well. It
seems like sometimes KDE will just take a LONG time to start processes,
or startf programs. "top" doesn't show anything using CPU, so I know the
systems aren't busy.

A good example would be when using a program which runs kdesu, 95% of
the time it works perfectly, but occasionally i'll run kdesu, and it can
take 45 seconds to a minute to even bring up the dialog, when it
normally takes less than a second. (this is on a dual-core system, with
nothing else running on it)

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software