[kde-freebsd] Updated Amarok2 port - version 1.92 (beta 2)

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:15:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Dorian Büttner <dorian.buettner at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Monday 06 October 2008 16:52:59 Matt wrote:
>> It's working for me with a dirty hack applied to the mysql51-server
>> port that I have built in the tinderbox.  Patch is attached and
>> available at:
>> http://www.datahead.org/fbsdfiles/mysql51-server_libmysqld.patch
>>
>> I haven't spent much time researching the recommended way to build
>> JUST the embedded MySQL library, so this  patch adds it in to the
>> general server build.  However, in doing it this way, some files
>> installed by the mysql51-client port are overwritten if the port is
>> compiled locally (i.e. not in a tinderbox).  It really seems that this
>> is the wrong way to build the embedded library, but it worked well
>> enough for me to get the amarok port built.
>
> Looks like the amarok guys would be fiddling with this as well:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok&m=122225696713011&w=2
>
> Does this look promising to get a distinct --embedded option into the mysql
> port? As far as I understand it's only the libmysql needed.
>
> The supplementary scripts being talked about are linked here:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok&m=122275982306865&w=2
> How to check them out into the mysql/work dir?
>
> Regards,
> Dorian

Here's a go at an embedded MySQL library port that shouldn't overwrite
anything in the -server and -client ports.  Tested with mysql51 only
and successfully run through my tinderbox (build of mysql51-server,
mysql51-embedded and amarok2 in tinderbox resulted in a usable amarok
binary).  The patch should apply from within the mysql51-server port
directory.  Portlint and my tinderbox runs don't show any blatant
problems, but please proceed at your own risk with any builds - I am
not an experienced port writer.

Matt