[kde-freebsd] Updated Amarok2 port - version 1.92 (beta 2)

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:52:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Dorian Büttner <dorian.buettner at gmx.de> wrote:
> Matt schrieb:
>>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> Attached is an updated Amarok2 port (version 1.92, beta 2).  This
>> version has been extended from previous work posted here by Kris Moore
>> and Tobias Stadler.  I've renamed the port "amarok2" in anticipation
>> of eventually needing to have the KDE3 and KDE4 Amarok ports in the
>> ports tree concurrently.
>
> I also believe that's a good idea, and the descr should reflect that also
> (i.e. "Amrok2 is a multimedia player for KDE4").
> Furthermore automated updates would lead to an update of 1.4 to 2 if in tree
> which is propably not what kde3 users will appreciate.
>>
>>  The port builds cleanly for me in my
>> tinderbox and runs well under my KDE 4.1.2 desktop.
>>

> Curious then, how is this working w/o embedded mysql available?

It's working for me with a dirty hack applied to the mysql51-server
port that I have built in the tinderbox.  Patch is attached and
available at:
http://www.datahead.org/fbsdfiles/mysql51-server_libmysqld.patch

I haven't spent much time researching the recommended way to build
JUST the embedded MySQL library, so this  patch adds it in to the
general server build.  However, in doing it this way, some files
installed by the mysql51-client port are overwritten if the port is
compiled locally (i.e. not in a tinderbox).  It really seems that this
is the wrong way to build the embedded library, but it worked well
enough for me to get the amarok port built.