[kde-freebsd] KDE4 apps porting questions

Jason E. Hale bsdkaffee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 10:43:40 CEST 2008

I am in the process of porting a few simple plasma applets and I don't have
much to go on since there aren't many example ports for KDE4 specific apps
yet.  Basically, they all compile fine and the ports work the way I have them,
but my questions are more about proper ports structure.

1) If I have a line like:
USE_KDE4=       automoc4 kdeprefix workspace
Is it necessary to include the QT4 components as well even though these get
pulled in by the KDE4 components:
USE_QT_VER=     4
QT_COMPONENTS=  gui moc uic

2) Is there an easier way to tell which QT4 components are really required
without looking a every header file in the project?

Thanks.