[kde-freebsd] missing libs for Kdeprint

Tony Henrie tthenrie at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 15:41:34 CEST 2008

OS:  FreeBSD 7.1-Prerelease
Package:  KDE4
Problem:  After an update/upgrade by portmaster -af on 09/29/08, I could not add a printer using KDE's system controls.  When I tried to select cups as the printer control system, I got the error messages that libgnutls.so.13, and gncyco.so.13, required by kde_print.so were missing.  I obtained the files from an installation of PCBSD 1.5, which runs kde3 on FreeBSD 6.3., and added them to /usr/local/etc/bin to correct the problem.

This may be an issue with the FreeBSD kde4 port, or it may be an issue with kdeprint not recognizing current lib files.

Note:  I am running FreeBSD 7.0-Stable (7.1 Prerelease) with KDE4 as my desktop, NOT PC-BSD-7.

Regards,
Tony Henrie