[kde-freebsd] [CFT] KDE 4.1.3 Ready for Testing

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:26:47 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Martin Wilke <miwi at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hiho,
>
> A few days ago Max made KDE-4.1.3 ready for FreeBSD,
> We can't commit KDE-4.1.3 to the Ports tree because we
> are still on the ports slush :(. But I'd like to
> invite you to test KDE-4.1.3 from area51.
> Of course feedback is welcome.
>
> Warning:
> PLEASE use:
> svn co https://kf.athame.co.uk/kde-freebsd/tags/kde_4_1
>
> to get KDE 4.1.3

The updated ports compiled cleanly in my tinderbox and installed
without issues.  I've found only two problems so far.  The kopete
binary from kdenetwork is picking up on the installed openssl port
libraries libssl.so.5 and libcrypto.so.5 instead of the base system
openssl libraries that were apparently used when the package was
created in the tinderbox.  The result is that kopete crashes as soon
as it tries to login to a service using SSL.

The second problem is also with kopete - it still won't login to
Google Talk and MSN accounts.  This has been on ongoing problem that
I've seen others post about here.  An interesting point for me on this
is that a recent 8.10 Ubuntu installation uses the 4.1.2-bundled
kopete and it is able to connect without any problems.  I downloaded
the Ubuntu source patches and looked through them, but didn't see
anything related to the Jabber/XMPP and MSN protocols, so it doesn't
look like the Ubuntu folks are doing anything special in their
packaging.

And thank you for the continued work to bring KDE4 to FreeBSD.

Matt