[kde-freebsd] KDE .desktop files

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:19:49 CEST 2008

I appologize if this is the wrong place, but it seems specific to KDE.
I didn't know if I should use this, or a KDE specific forum.

I have a script file I want to run, that needs administrative
privleges. I currently have it as an executable file with just a
#!/bin/sh at the first line, and then the command later. The problem
is:
  #!/bin/sh
  mycommand
doesn't work because it's running as me, not root.
  #!/bin/sh
  sudo mycommand
also doesn't work - I don't get a password prompt. I didn't see
anything in the documentation I found for a 'sudo' or 'su' mode in a
.desktop file. Any suggestions how to get this to work? I'd just like
to be able to double-click the icon on my desktop, enter the password
in some form of popup, and go from there.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton