[kde-freebsd] something screwey with qt4-gui

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sun Mar 30 01:09:14 CET 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 23:05:04 Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2008, at 17:53 , Chuck Robey wrote:
> > I finally found that port: it wasn't named qt4-qmake, i found it in
> > ports/devel/qmake.  Like I said, no problem with me, but I think I
> > am seeing
> > that portupgrade, for some reason, got the name wrong, it is
> > teeling me
> > qt4-qmake, when it should have been qmake.
>
> Not that unusual; a package name is different from an origin.  qt4-
> qmake would be a specific instance of the general qmake port as
> specified by build knobs.  I suspect you need to learn more about how
> ports works.

qt4-qmake refers the version of qmake (preprocessor/makefile generator for qt)
for qt4, this is the devel/qmake4 port, the qmake port is for qt3.

There seems to be some problem with the latest qt4-gui port, ale@ indicated on
another list that disabling cups in the port options helps.

This is a real regression though. CC'd to kde@ to make sure this doesn't get
lost.

Dan