[kde-freebsd] K3B device issue

Don Wilde dwilde1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:11:48 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Don Wilde <dwilde1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at freebsd.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:49:34 -0500
> > "Don Wilde" <dwilde1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  [ .. ]

> > the

> > can't
> > for
> > >

> > > I can't mount  DVD using k3b. Can successfully mount and unmount from
> > > command line, but not through k3b Device->Mount command. Cannot mount
> > CD-R
> > > either.
> > >
> > > The visible symptom of all of this is that the disk line never strays
> > from
> > > 'Please insert an empty writable DVD+-R/W medium... and the speed
> > pulldown
> > > is always grayed. The start button is also grayed out.
> >

> >  [ .. ]
> >
> > Well, if you would have written this from the beginning we both would
> > have
> > saved a lot of time ;-)
> >
> > Are you running the latest K3B ? I had this problem (not being able to
> > mount) in the version before the current one, but in k3b-1.0.4 it's
> > fixed.
>

> No juice. cvsup, updated world and kernel, portupgrade -PrR
> multimedia/k3b.
>
> What can I trey next? I'll go review all of the settings in pkg-message,
> etc. Can I just rip this directly with cdrecord? What command options would
> I use? I just want to save off all my data so I can upgrade to FreeBSD
> 7-STABLE.

UPDATE: Managed to get my data saved (sneakernet USB keys 2Gigs... DOH!) and
get a clean 7-STABLE system running. K3B worked perfectly for 2 CDs of the
3, but segfaulted while verifying the third. Same thing twice, 98% of the
way through verifying a 354MB CD-R. Looked around for a core file, but
couldn't find any.

I'd say my earlier problems were more likely configuration issues, not FBSD
or K3B issues, but a segfault? Suggestions to try?