[kde-freebsd] Problems with KDE 3.5.8

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Wed Mar 26 20:07:32 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm running KDE 3.5.8 on FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE. Last night I did a ports
upgrade, and ever since my KDE experience has gone completely downhill. Most
times that I open a window, it's in shutter mode. Every time I switch windows
or virtual desktops, my cpu goes down 50%. Same thing happens when I load a
web page.

Here's a list of what I upgraded. I'm hoping you folks might have some idea of
what's happening to me.

portupgrade -F atk
portupgrade -F avahi-app
portupgrade -F cairo
portupgrade -F dbus
portupgrade -F fontconfig
portupgrade -F gamin
portupgrade -F gconf2
portupgrade -F ghostscript-gpl
portupgrade -F glib
portupgrade -F gnome-vfs
portupgrade -F hal
portupgrade -F intltool
portupgrade -F libbonobo
portupgrade -F libvolume_id
portupgrade -F pango
portupgrade -F pciids
portupgrade -F pkg-config
portupgrade -F policykit
portupgrade -F qca-tls
portupgrade -F shared-mime-info
portupgrade -F urwfonts
portupgrade -F webfonts
portupgrade -F xkeyboard-config

Thanks,
Dwayne
--
I can't afford to make any exceptions. Once word leaks out that a pirate has
gone soft people start to disobey him and it's nothing but work, work, work