[kde-freebsd] 3.5.9?

Brad Pitney pitney.brad at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 18 22:06:22 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Brad Pitney schrieb:
>  > I can help with testing. Is there much else left to-do besides
>  > testing? I have loads of spare time & resources to do this..
>  >
>  >
>  The problem we're working on is re-packaging the KDE 3 ports in a way
>  that moves the shared libraries and headers to locations where they
>  won't cause problems for KDE 4, and at the same time *not* require every
>  installed KDE 3 application to be patched or recompiled to make this
>  work. It does not make much sense to roll out KDE 3.5.9 before that is
>  finished.

der, I completely forgot about KDE 4! reason being that from my
experience of playing with it on Linux based distributions, I don't
think it was really a release quality, it's kinda akin to RELENG_5,
where I hope when KDE comes out with a 4.1.0 it's more like
RELENG_6/7. Just my opinion.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!

--
Best regards,