[kde-freebsd] Error kio_media_mounthelper cdrom not accessible for normal users

Wes Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Mon Jun 30 05:15:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Desmond Chapman wrote:

> "Feature only available with HAL"
> I have asked about this. I have searched. I have tried sysctl, I have edited devfs.conf and to no avail.
> I have changed permissions on the device.
> And I still cannot access it as a normal non-root user.
>
> How do I make it work?

I'm not sure what you are referring to exactly... Do you mean
the "usermount" feature?

You need to have:

1) sysctl vfs.usermount=1
2) at least read permission on the device you want to mount
3) *ownership* of the mount point

I don't use the HAL stuff, so if it's HAL specific I can't help. But, the
usermount works for me.