[kde-freebsd] What next?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Jun 25 20:02:24 CEST 2008

Ernst W. Winter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> well so far most all apps for kde4 have been built and installed
> without any more errors.
>
> However, has anyone solved the problem yet with booting or
> firing up of kde4?
>
> I starts and takes ages to come to what I call the "black screen
> of death" and hangs there forever and a day and only
> "Ctrl-Alt-Backspace" will end it then.
>
> Ernst

Did you build with the beta1 or beta2 version which is now in area51?
I'm rebuilding with beta2 now, but was able to get it working with beta1
before. I had to remove my old ~.kde directory, and setup kcmrc to boot
directly into the desktop for my user, and that worked. I did see
problems though when I logged out, it was unable to log in from kdm again.

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software