[kde-freebsd] Testing qt4 / KDE 4 stuff

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Fri Jun 20 12:02:21 CEST 2008

Sticky Bit wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2008 15:07:21 you wrote:
>> I read
>>
>>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2008-June/049126.html
>>
>> and would like to help.
>
> Great! Thank you!
>
>> I use KDE on a FreeBSD 6.2 notebook, with updated ports from cvs.
>> A recent portupgrade made it recompile KDE for a couple of days :-)
>
> Yeah, compiling onto a notebook is pretty slow compared to pc.

That remind me of when I first tried KDE around the late 90s...I built it on my
Amiga/4000 running NetBSD and it took most of a day :-)  As machines got faster,
KDE got bigger and gcc got slower..

Come to think of it, it's probably still on there.  Be interesting to see if it
still works (I don't think I've booted it since before 2000).

Cheers,

--Jon