[kde-freebsd] Testing qt4 / KDE 4 stuff

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Jun 19 19:08:45 CEST 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008 06:07:21 am Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> Is it possible to test the new stuff, while having some KDE working?
> I need Konsole and keeping sound would be nice as well. :-)
>
> Or is it even possible to have two KDE versions installed on one system?

Yes it is possible. There probably are some scattered build problems if you
have KDE3 installed, but the goal is to have both coexist on the system.

It would be best if you had a separate user account to run KDE4 with, to avoid
unnecessary interference. There are also some environment variables you
should set, most notably KDEDIR and KDEHOME. I would take a look at
techbase.kde.org for more information.

--
David Johnson