[kde-freebsd] Testing qt4 / KDE 4 stuff

Sticky Bit stickybit at gmx.net
Thu Jun 19 19:02:31 CEST 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008 15:07:21 you wrote:
> I read
>
>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2008-June/049126.html
>
> and would like to help.

Great! Thank you!

> I use KDE on a FreeBSD 6.2 notebook, with updated ports from cvs.
> A recent portupgrade made it recompile KDE for a couple of days :-)

Yeah, compiling onto a notebook is pretty slow compared to pc.

> Is it possible to test the new stuff, while having some KDE working?
> I need Konsole and keeping sound would be nice as well. :-)
>
> Or is it even possible to have two KDE versions installed on one system?

Yes, it is possible to have both KDE 3 and KDE 4 installed. I do it myself
this way. You should use a different user account for KDE 4 only for testing
purposes. This way nothing gets touched into your existing home folder. Of
course having proper backups is a good idea anyway ... ;-)

--
Regards,
Sticky Bit <stickybit at gmx.net>