[kde-freebsd] Qt4 prefix

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Mon Jun 16 08:40:58 CEST 2008

On Sunday 15 June 2008 11:27:23 pm David Johnson wrote:
> According to Trolltech support, and Thiago, the Qt headers *must* come
> before any system headers. If it doesn't, then this is an error with the
> KDE cmake files. Trolltech and KDE are not going to support the FreeBSD way
> of doing things. Qt3 and Qt4 cannot live together in the same QTDIR.

To clarify, /usr/local/include/QtCore must come before /usr/local/include. It
is possible to fix cmake/KDE to ensure this, but we can also avoid the
problem in ports.

I am only experimenting with this, and only because I want to see KDE4 on
FreeBSD sometime this year. If no one wants it, then it doesn't get
committed.

--
David Johnson