[kde-freebsd] Using area51

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 20:00:00 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 5:48 PM, David Johnson <david at usermode.org> wrote:
> I've been fighting with this for far too long. How do you use Area51
> ports? I'm tired of creating symlink tangles, but without them the wrong
> stuff gets built. Do you have to remove the regular ports tree
> completely? Please help.

I use a mount_unionfs to overlay the area51 ports directories on top
of the standard ports tree whenever I want to build something
kde4-related.  When I'm done, just unmount and the standard ports tree
is available again.  Seems to work reasonably well.

Something like: mount_unionfs /path/to/area51 /usr/ports

should do the trick (as root or sudo of course)

Matt