[kde-freebsd] "could not change permission" error when copying a file to a fat partition

Heiner h.eichmann at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 21:49:55 CEST 2008

Hi!

If I copy a file to a fat partition, I get an "could not change permission"
error for each file. The reason is probably, that konqueror tries to chown
the copied file afterwards, which fails on fat pertitions off course. On
linux it is recommended to mount fat partitions with the "silent" option to
avoid this. On FreeBSD I do not have this option. How do you handle this?

FreeBSD 7.0, KDE 3.5.8

Heiner