[kde-freebsd] News on Performance-Problems

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jul 28 13:25:02 CEST 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 20:11:13 David Johnson wrote:
> This sounds like a bug for Trolltech. Seriously. My head starts swimming
> every time you start looking at the implementation for the meta object
> stuff in Qt. So please file a bug with them. Possibly also mention it on
> the kde-devel list, because a lot of Trolls hang out there as well. Maybe
> someone else has seen it.

Just a thought on this subject: the mutex implementation that Qt uses in the
ports build -- at least on amd64 -- is the generic posix one, which is very
slow for the purposes its put to. That might make comparisons difficult, as we
need to distinguish amd64 from i386 from portsbuild from built-by-hgand
(where, for whatever reason, the assembly-based mutex implementation is
found).

[ade]