[kde-freebsd] [HEADS UP] KDE4 - Call for Testing Part 1

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Thu Jul 17 22:13:00 CEST 2008

On July 17, 2008 12:37:45 pm Martin Wilke wrote:
> > 3) kdebase-workspace requires qt-phonon, but it's not listed as a
> > dependency. I'm believe that we're going to make qt-phonon and phonon
> > conflict, yes?
>
> Please deinstall qt4-phonon stuff that is at the moment different from
> kde4 phonon. qt-phonon need to be conflictet at the moment and can't add to
> the dependency to workspace.
>
> > make: don't know how to make /usr/local/lib/qt4/libphonon.so. Stop
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > Stop in
> > /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4-workspace/work/kdebase-workspace-4.0.83/build.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in
> > /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4-workspace/work/kdebase-workspace-4.0.83/build.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4-workspace.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4.
>
> How I said drop qt4-phonen and rebuild phonon self that will solved the
> build error.

This is strange.

I removed kdebase4, kdebase-workspace, qt-phonon, & phonon. (Oddly enough, my
last install didn't install kdebase-runtime.)

At this point I moved to the kde4 ports tar file mentioned on the wiki page. I
did this because area51 has moved on to 4.0.98.

I reinstalled phonon, and then started building kdebase4. Once again, it
failed on kdebase4-workspace with this error:

make: don't know how to make /usr/local/lib/qt4/libphonon.so. Stop
*** Error code 2

And yes, Martin, to answer from your private e-mail: I have kdelibs-4.0.83
installed.

I'm going to deinstall kdelibs3 and reinstall them. Then I'll try building
kdebase4-workspace again. Maybe that will do it.

I wonder if this is some ccache bug? Maybe I should delete my ccache dir and
try again...

Cheers,
DwayneMacKinnon