[kde-freebsd] Proposed patch

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:40:02 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 19:14:07 David Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 July 2008 02:13:15 am Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:17:00 -0700, David Johnson wrote:
> > > I'm attaching a patch that should fix the problems building KDE4 when
> > > KDE3 is already installed. The problem is that cmake will sometimes
> > > generate build files will will attempt to link to the KDE3 libraries in
> > > /usr/local/lib.
> >
> > Is it right that with this patch we have no need to move kde3 libs and
> > includes from ${LOCALBASE}?
>
> I'll do some more testing this evening, but so far ldd does not show any
> KDE4 binaries trying to link with KDE3 libs. So I think the answer is that
> we don't have to move them.
>
> But I think in the long term we should move KDE3.

I had been working on a script that should do 95%+ of the work in moving KDE3
into its own subprefix (lib/kde3, bin/kde3).  I ran into a problem with
building kdelibs.

The problem was that after running:
#sed  -i '' -e 's/foo/bar/g' `find . -name '*.cpp' -or -name '*.h'`
The build failed.  After that I ran out of time and patience to work on the
problem but if anyone has a suggestion on how to fix it or wishes to see the
work that I have done please let me know.

VERY IMPORTANT, it will be MUCH easier to move the whole of KDE3 into its own
prefix (${LOCALBASE}/kde3, or equivalent).

Good programming

David