[kde-freebsd] bsd.port.mk alternative

David Naylor blackdragon at highveldmail.co.za
Mon Jan 21 07:06:34 CET 2008

On 20/01/2008, Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd at chillt.de> wrote:
> > I've tested it on devel/qdevelop and games/ksuduku without any
> > problem.
>
> The current games/ksudoku port explicitly adds pthread compiler and
> linker flags. I don't remember why I had to do this, but it certainly
> was required to make some configure tests work. Did your modified
> ksudoku port compile without any explicit mention of pthread?
I'm running RELENG_7_0 ports at the moment, with ksudoku at 0.4.  It
appears to be the same one in cvs.  See below for the Makefile but it
compiles cleanly, and runs.  There was no need to include pthread
support on my system (RELENG_7).

Just on a side note, with cmake there is no reason to use gmake as
bsdmake works fine and using gmake is another build dependency (and
gmake's output is not as pretty as bsdmake :-).  I've added a friendly
reminder to bsd.cmake.mk to tell that this is not required.

> - Bartosz

Does anyone else know of any other special cases?  If everyone is
mostly happy with bsd.cmake.mk (I'll try my best to make everyone
happy...) then I could start porting the existing ports to use this
bsd.cmake.mk.  That should provide enough testing for it?

Thank you for your feed back.

David

games/ksudoku/Makefile (working with bsd.cmake.mk patch, see thread)
# Ports collection makefile for:        ksudoku
# Date created:                         30 September 2005
# Whom:                                 Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd at chillt.de>
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/games/ksudoku/Makefile,v 1.8 2007/07/12 19:12:38 miwi Exp $
#

PORTNAME=       ksudoku
PORTVERSION=    0.4
CATEGORIES=     games kde
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_EXTENDED}
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     ${PORTNAME}

MAINTAINER=     freebsd at chillt.de
COMMENT=        A Sudoku generator and solver for KDE

USE_CMAKE=      yes
USE_KDELIBS_VER=3
USE_GL=         yes

.include <bsd.port.mk>