[kde-freebsd] Bringing back kdoc as a port

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 21:12:26 CET 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008 21:17:46 Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wearing my XORP hat here. We use kdoc to generate the XORP API
> documentation, and have done so for many years.
>
> The most recent version is here:
>     http://sirtaj.net/projects/kdoc
>
> * Are there any objections to my rolling a port for it?
> * Or reviving the dead port textproc/kdoc?

I don't see any problem with that if you are going to maintain it yourself.

According to that manpage (which is very very old) it requires perl 5.6, but
doesn't mention any dependencies on KDE at all. I'm not at all familiar with
kdoc, but providing you can get it to work with the perl 5.8 and the KDE in
ports, I think you are good to go.

Andy
(with his little bit of the kde@ hat on)

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk