[kde-freebsd] cups doesn't work as a generic user

ml-vic ml-vic at de-martino.it
Wed Jan 2 22:24:10 CET 2008

Context:
KDE 3.5.8, FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4, laptop centrino duo

I have cups up and running dealing with one real network laser only and a PDF
printer.

I can print as root from every application while as an ordinary user I can
print   using cups from any non-kde application like openoffice swriter,
firefox,etc. Instead no printer is browseable from any kde application. Even
in kde control center the printer doesn't show up with a 15 code error whilst
as administrator, root, I can browse  them all.

Please help

Ciao
Vittorio