[kde-freebsd] Status of KDE4 on FreeBSD

Martin Wilke miwi at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 27 18:34:22 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 05:26:59PM +0100, jaapb at kerguelen.org wrote:
Hi Jaap

> Given that I was one of the persons pestering Adriaan about KDE4/FreeBSD
> at FOSDEM, I'll just post the results of my build of KDE4 on FreeBSD
> 6-STABLE here. I've no idea if they are known bugs, but hopefully it
> serves someone:
>
> - I've installed kdebase, -runtime, -workspace, kdegraphics,
> kdemultimedia, kdenetwork, kdepimlibs and kdeutils (and their dependencies).
> They compile fine, the only part I had to change was to comment out the
> -I/usr/local/include in the WITH_CUPS part of qt4-gui, otherwise the qt3
> include files would get loaded first.

Yep we know about this problem.

> Most stuff seems to run fine, except for some tidbits I noticed (in random
> order of importance):
> - trying to access https sites with Konqueror results in an "SSL
> negotiation failed" error.
Yep we know, this crashed with javascript too.

You need qca2 http://head.miwibox.org/tb/miwi/qca2.tar.gz

> - the freebsd.org site behaves weirdly with konqueror: it needs a reload
> before it shows up and links seem to disappear when you move over them
> with the mouse pointer;

sometimes konqueror outputs the site as html code.

> - the IRC protocol is missing in kopete.

Yes i know about this. is added on my todo list.

> So. I hope this helps, and if there is anything more I can test, please
> let me know!

Sure Tester and Feedback Welcome! Thanks for your report.

>   Jaap

- - Martin