[kde-freebsd] Kbtv2 beta2 uploaded

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:42:29 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:04:42PM +0100, Danny Pansters wrote:
> The second beta, v1.92 is available for testing.
>
> http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv2
>
> In v1.92 several first-run bugs are fixed, a few other known bugs are gone,
> and saa tuning works again (freebsd6.3), including after a cold boot (at the
> small expense of having to use a rc script to ensure tuner init which
> apparently needs to be s l o w). Also found some bugs in the saa backend
> tuning code.
>
> And it now appears that switching from pwc backend back to TV backend (saa,
> cxm) that the ability to tune does *not* get lost anymore. I like that, a bug
> that just disappears :) Accidentally fixed I reckon.
>
> I may also have fixed the crashing pwc backend when the framesize is changed,
> but I haven't tested that yet.
>
> For beta3 I'm going to do some work on pwc (I'm also eyeing the luigi
> framework so that all the usb webcam support we have can be used but I think
> this will be after v2.0). Beta4 should bring in FreeBSD7 support, and after
> that -- and a beta5 if needed -- one or two RC's to test/fix amd64.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

Hi Dan.

I'm now trying to build kbtv2 v1.92 on -CURRENT/amd64 with SAA kmod.
Along with `incorrect number of args to bus_setup_intr' fix (I guess
that's "FreeBSD 7 support" coming in beta4 :-)), could you please define
NO_WERROR in kmod/saa/kmod/Makefile to allow it to build on -CURRENT
with -Werror enabled?

Following messages are displayed during boot (saa_tuner="YES" in
/etc/rc.conf):
iicbus0: START: bus error (status 0x9 loop:12)
WARNING pid 734 (initial thread): ioctl sign-extension ioctl
ffffffffc0044d00

Channel tuning works fine, though there's no colour and sound. I've
tried selecting different TV standards in Hardware->Configure (tuner
type is `Philips MK3'), with no success. Any hints?

saa0:
0x1131	Philips Semiconductors
0x7133	Philips SAA7133 AV broadcast decoder
0x1461	AverMedia Technologies Inc
0x9715	AVerTV Studio 307

saa0 at pci0:1:7:0:        class=0x048000 card=0x97151461 chip=0x71331131
rev=0xd1 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Philips Semiconductors'
    device     = 'Philips SAA7135hl ENLTV TV/Radio Tuner'
    class      = multimedia

Thank you for nice program :-)

WBR,
Yuri