[kde-freebsd] Status of KDE4 on FreeBSD

Manolo Valdes nolis71cu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 21:39:05 CET 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008 9:44:03 pm Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> I've been away, watching only the commits to area51 now and then. At FOSDEM
> I mostly fiddled with OSOL thingies, but fielded a few FreeBSD questions as
> well, along the lines of "how well does KDE4 work on FreeBSD right now?" I
> answered "ports are in preparation, which means it 'just works'; certainly
> the basic desktop is in place with audio and web browsing and stuff." Is
> that at all accurate?
>

> Do systemsettings and system info give sensible answers at all?

I have a running full kde4 seccion from the last svn snapshot. and works here.
the env is:
a separated dir for QT4 /usr/local/home/qt4
a separate dir for kde4 /usr/local/home/kde4fs

but konqueror works too slow. kio-http on konqueror is almost staled :(
but it works fine with kget

also
when you write some web address it freeze for a while.

and some times the hole system went down due to many files opened

i 'm running FreeBSD 7-Prerelease

cheers
Manolito

> [ade]

Sobre toda cosa guardada, guarda tu corazón; porque de él mana la vida.
Prov. 4:23