[kde-freebsd] Compiling KDE4 with KDE3

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 1 16:45:15 CET 2008

Danny Pansters schrieb:
> BTW, I seem to be the only one, but I still advocate fixing the <qinclude.h>
> vs <QInclude> rather than trying to skip over most of them by include path
> manipulation, because I think that otherwise such little annoyances will keep
> popping up, and eventually you're going to have port maintainers struggling
> with them on a per-annoyance basis with the chance of getting individual
> hacks in individual (future) ports on a per-annoyance basis. Much better to
> just fix the includes properly, even if it's boring work.

Quite right, but then you'll have to enforce all new code that gets
added to KDE to use camel case only and this is difficult to do given
that KDE does not have very strict (ISTR none at all even) code style
guidelines. Maybe include path juggling can do the trick after all if we
can do it in a centralized location or automated in an .mk hack.

Off-topic: Just to let everyone know, I started working on updating
fruitsalad with the new ports arved and miwi made. I hope to get the
first build there going tonight.

I am also going to make the kde4-l10n ports, this is boring and
semi-automatable work which I should manage to squeeze in.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org