[kde-freebsd] Amarok2 port available for testing

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:33:44 CET 2008

On Saturday 13 December 2008 10:41:01 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> > i got an error while building this. i got a crash after that, and lost
> > the log. it reported a wrong diff between include/mysql.h.pp and
> > ./SOMETHING i solved the issue adding #include <stdlib.h> as first line
> > in
> > include/mysql.h.pp
> > sorry for not being more precise
>
> looks like a rude hack :)

here's the error message:

gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'
gmake abi_headers="include/mysql/plugin.h include/mysql.h" do_abi_check
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'
set -ex; \
        for file in include/mysql/plugin.h include/mysql.h; do \
                 cc -E -nostdinc -dI \
                          -I./include \
                          -I./include/mysql \
                          -I./sql \
                          -I./include \
                          -I./include/mysql \
                          -I./sql \
                                         $file 2>/dev/null | \
                          /usr/local/bin/gsed -e '/^# /d' \
                                    -e '/^[     ]*$/d' \
                                    -e '/^#pragma GCC set_debug_pwd/d' \
                                    -e '/^#ident/d' > \
                                               ./abi_check.out; \
                          /usr/bin/diff -w $file.pp ./abi_check.out; \
                          /bin/rm ./abi_check.out; \
        done
+ cc -E -nostdinc -dI -I./include -I./include/mysql -I./sql -I./include -
I./include/mysql -I./sql include/mysql/plugin.h
+ /usr/local/bin/gsed -e /^# /d -e /^[  ]*$/d -e /^#pragma GCC set_debug_pwd/d
-e /^#ident/d
+ /usr/bin/diff -w include/mysql/plugin.h.pp ./abi_check.out
+ /bin/rm ./abi_check.out
+ /usr/local/bin/gsed -e /^# /d -e /^[  ]*$/d -e /^#pragma GCC set_debug_pwd/d
-e /^#ident/d
+ cc -E -nostdinc -dI -I./include -I./include/mysql -I./sql -I./include -
I./include/mysql -I./sql include/mysql.h
+ /usr/bin/diff -w include/mysql.h.pp ./abi_check.out
0a1
> #include <stdlib.h>
gmake[2]: *** [do_abi_check] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'

as i said, adding that line to mysql.h.pp fixes the building. it seems to be
the end of the process, because after my hack the port gets immediately
installed

wait... a new issue. here's what i get after the hack and 'portupgrade -wfep
mysql-embedded':

+ /usr/bin/diff -w include/mysql.h.pp ./abi_check.out
+ /bin/rm ./abi_check.out
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'
gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/mysql51-
embedded/work/mysql-5.1.30'
mustnotexist: Can't open mustnotexist: No such file or directory
*** Error code 2

> > anyway i think mysql51-embedded (or amarok?) should have a dependency set
> > on mysql51-server... amarok failed to configure because it couldn't find
> > mysqld running... i think that something like this is also needed (in
> > amarok): pre-configure:
> > 	/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
> > i usually have mysql running, but luckily i didn't turn it on after
> > installing mysql51-server, so i could get this issue
>
> no, you don't need running mysql-server. Should work fine without it.

i've rebuilt amarok with the two patches from you and dima, probably the
second one fixed my problem
anyway mtp library version must be updated to mtp.8 (mtp 0.3.1 is in the
ports)
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>