[kde-freebsd] Problems with kde 3 installation?

Jake Larsen sk8_zero_2k1 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:06:44 CET 2008

I just installed freeBSD 7.1 on my inspiron 9100 desktop replacement notebook. I am now trying to install KDE 3 to use as my desktop environment however the installation is taking what seems like an extraordinarily long time. I started the installation this morning around 9 am local time or so and it is now 1pm local time. The laptop has a 3ghz processor and 512mb ram. is the install supposed to take this long or could i possibly be looking at a problem with the install process?