[kde-freebsd] KDE4 && Kopete

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 20:50:05 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> El día Tuesday, August 19, 2008 a las 10:53:41PM -0500, Matt escribió:
>
>> I was experiencing these problems with Jabber not connecting and
>> throwing the ""remote host closed connection" ' - Code : 17" that I've
>> seen reported elsewhere (had only tested with Gmail), but a new build
>> from a fresh svn checkout of the kdenetwork trunk seems to have that
>> fixed.  That build was done from within the ports infrastructure (just
>> copied over the extracted files from the 4.1 distfile before issuing
>> "make") so if it was a ports-problem before it appears to be fixed
>> now.  I'm able to connect to Google Talk and MSN with no problems now.
>>  Kopete version is being reported as 0.60.80 for me now.
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> How have you done this svn checkout? I've pulled:
>
> $ svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork

This is exactly how I checked it out from svn...

> but:
>
> $ cat cat kdenetwork/kopete/VERSION
> Kopete v0.50.50

...and my VERSION file says the same thing, but the compiled program
reports 0.60.80 so there must be something else that sets the final
version during compile.  I've been using this version all day today
and it works for MSN, AIM, Google Talk (Jabber), ICQ and GroupWise -
but not Yahoo.

Hope that helps.

Matt