[kde-freebsd] area51 moved to a new ipv6only system

Tilman Linneweh arved at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 13 21:49:42 CEST 2008

Hello kde-freebsd team,

IPv6?:
The new orm is currently connected via sixxs.net/easynet.net
If you don't have IPv6 yet, you can get IPv6 from various sites including sixxs.net and freenet6.
If there are serious reasons why you can't get IPv6 (stupid company policies etc.) please contact me offlist, so that we can work on a different solution, but i really would like to avoid fiddling with netcat/NAT etc.

Background:
Since my previous hoster HKN.de decided to discontinue the rootserver products, i had to switch to a new hoster, EUserv.de.
The new system has more RAM and a better CPU, which is good.
Unfortunately euserv.de has quite unreasonable prices for extra IP-Addresses (10EUR/month for 6 addresses), so i decided to go IPv6.

orm.arved.priv.at is a jail, so it was necessary to use bz@'s ipv6jail patches from http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/2008-July/000379.html. So far the ipv6patches have been working without a problem, but it is still possible that there are bugs in it.
If you spot anything unusual please report to me offlist.

regards && happy hacking
arved