[kde-freebsd] Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries

Jaap Boender jaapb at kerguelen.org
Wed Aug 13 20:43:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

The error message in the subject is what I see when I try to start KDE4.
kdm comes up fine, but when I try to login, I see the KDE splash screen
with the first icon and then nothing: kded4 and kbuildsycoca4 core-dump
and this message shows up in my .xsession-errors. I've tried recompiling
all qt4 and kde4 ports (from a ports tree cvsupped this morning, without
any area51) but the problem persists. I don't have qt3 installed, nor kde3.

The complete .xsession-errors is attached; does anyone know this
problem? (and how to solve it...)

Thanks,

  Jaap Boender