[kde-freebsd] dual head under kde4

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Aug 13 16:09:30 CEST 2008

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> How?  Worked great under KDE3, just upgraded to KDE4, get one great monitor,
> and the other just grey ... can't seem to find any configuration settings for
> this, and not finding anything particularly useful on google for this ...
>
> Help / Pointers?
>
> Thx

Marc,

I've used dual-head with KDE4 here a bit, and it seems to work fine with
the NVidia TwinView configuration. Whats different is that you have to
manually go to the new screen, and setup your desktop wallpaper there,
along with any widgets you want to place. It looks like the panel isn't
able to stretch across both screens anymore, although you can always add
a 2nd panel on the new screen, and add widgets to it.

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software