[kde-freebsd] Changing kde3 to kde4 on start

Warren Liddell shinjii at maydias.com
Wed Aug 13 15:14:29 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 20:43:53 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Wednesday, August 13, 2008 a las 08:25:15PM +1000, Warren Liddell
escribió:
> > I hjave made the move an configured an finally compiled kde4 .. how do i
> > set my base system to start KDE4 instead of 3 .. i've looked through
> > various conf files but to no avail.
> >
> > hints ?
>
> Create a file ~/.xinitrc with the line
>
> exec /usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde4

Would seem a lot of great changes have been made and i must say kde4 looks
very impressive, i have a few minor problems, but i'll tackle them 1 at a
time.

Where do i go to restore kde4 configurations back to what they were as i made
a change an now my entire screen is black in KDE4 an i cant see or read a
thing, so need to reset everything back to default.

Thanks to all for the answers to questions i have had, greatly appreciated.