[kde-freebsd] [HEADS UP] KDE 4.1.0 for FreeBSD available

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:35:17 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 13:13:04 Daniel W. Steinbrook wrote:
> I could be wrong, but I think you have these in reverse order -- dbus
> should be started before hald.

Order in rc.conf doesn't matter. It's basically a list of variables that gets
pulled in by rc scripts. rcorder will sort them out at boot from the REQUIRE
and BEFORE lines in the rc scripts and they will be executed accordingly.

For example, ${LOCALBASE}/etc/rc.d/hald has:
# PROVIDE: hald
# REQUIRE: DAEMON usbd devd dbus

The dbus script, as a result, will always run before hald at boot.
--
Matt Dawson

matt at chronos.org.uk
MTD15-RIPE