[kde-freebsd] konsole won't open

Pete Molfese pmolfese at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:28:20 CEST 2008

Having a strange glitch -- whenever I start Konsole (either through
"Run Command" or through xterm) I get the message below:

$ konsole
konsole(920) KLocalePrivate::initEncoding: Cannot resolve system
encoding, default to ISO 8859-1
$ konsole(920)/kdevi (KNotification) Knotification::slotReceivedID: 0

The Konsole window appears for a second and then disappears.  I'm
running a fairly new install of FreeBSD 7 (release) and built KDE 4.1
through ports.  My computer is a Q6600 with ATI X1950Pro.  X11 works
as expected and I can bring up Xterm, Dolphin, or Konqueror without
any problems.  Any insight would be much appreciated.