[kde-freebsd] [HEADS UP] KDE 4.1.0 for FreeBSD available

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Aug 10 13:25:21 CEST 2008

El día Saturday, August 09, 2008 a las 07:24:41PM +0200, Martin Wilke escribió:

> On behalf of the KDE FreeBSD team, it is my great
> pleasure to announce that KDE4 has been merged into
> the FreeBSD ports tree.  The official KDE 4.1.0 release
> notes can be found at http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.1/.
>
> Part of the work that has been done is to make sure that it
> nicely co-exists with an existing KDE 3.x installation. Because
> of this, users should note that their personal configuration
> directory is now ~/.kde4, and that application settings are
> NOT migrated from an existing KDE 3.x installation. This is
> to ensure that existing applications continue to work correctly
> whether you run them in a KDE 3 or KDE 4 session.

Hello,

I've pulled out of the dust some laptop with 7.0-REL and KDE 3.5.8,
updated the ports tree with:

# portsnap fetch
# portsnap extract

and launched the build with

# cd /usr/ports/x11/kde4
# make install BATCH=yes

it stops at some point with:

gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend

rebuilding /usr/ports/devel/glib20 seems to fix this with:

# cd /usr/ports/devel/glib20
# make rmconfig
# make all
# make deinstall