[kde-freebsd] KDE-4.1.0 report

Thiago Rodrigues Santos thiago528 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 00:11:01 CEST 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 14:54:19 Matt Dawson wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	Managed to get a full tinderbox run without any errors or
> changes, so I installed KDE4 on the test box. Couple of little niggles:
>
> 1) The system tray does not show any icons. It expands, but there's
> nothing there. Changing the desktop theme to oxygen from elegance
> gives the impression that they're off to the bottom of the system tray's
> display space. Might seem trivial, but this makes Kmix, Juk and Kopete
> almost impossible to interact with properly.

The same happens here. But when I remove the System Tray and add it again to
the panel, the icons appear. This is needed every time I log into KDE if I
want to see them.

Also, I can't reboot and shutdown the computer using the Kickoff menu. When I
click either 'reboot' or 'shutdown', nothing happens. So I need to logout and
shutdown my pc from KDM.

Another problem I had was that krunner and the FolderView plasmoid didn't work
well with the nv driver. For example, if I typed something in krunner, when
its window expanded, the only thing I could see was its border. The space
where I should see the actual content becomes totally transparent. The same
happens to Folder View; I could only see the border of the plasmoid. But
everything works fine with the NVIDIA proprietary driver. My video card is
really old, it's a TNT2 Model 64 card. Anyway, I believe that this is an
upstream bug, like most of the other ones I could see.

I'd like to thank everyone that's working on KDE4 for FreeBSD too. Most of the
problems and crashes I had using the beta2 are gone. Kontact, Dolphin, Okular
and many other applications are working greatly.
--
Thiago Rodrigues Santos <thiago528 at gmail.com>