[kde-freebsd] Build errors in KDE4 svn: kdebase/apps/kinfocenter/base/info_fbsd.cpp

Michael Krauss hippodriver at gmx.net
Sat Apr 12 15:11:35 CEST 2008

On 11/04/08, David Johnson wrote:

> The problem is that it is not finding the find() method. That is part
> of the Q3Support library. Some parts of KDE4 still require this.
> Unfortunately, the KDE4 build instructions do not make this clear.
>
> Rebuild qt-copy, and use the -qt3support option:
>
> cd qt-copy
> ./configure -qt3support -debug -prefix $QTDIR
> make sub-src sub-tools

Thanks for help, now the directory ~/qt-copy/include/Qt3Support is
populated:
[kde-devel at gandalf ~]$ ls /home/kde-devel/qt-copy/include/Qt3Support
Q3Accel                         Q3StoredDrag
Q3Action                        Q3StrIList
Q3ActionGroup                   Q3StrIVec
Q3AsciiBucket                   Q3StrList
Q3AsciiCache                    Q3StrListIterator
Q3AsciiCacheIterator            Q3StrVec
Q3AsciiDict                     Q3StringBucket
[...]
Q3SqlForm                       q3whatsthis.h
Q3SqlPropertyMap                q3widgetstack.h
Q3SqlRecordInfo                 q3wizard.h
Q3SqlSelectCursor               qiconset.h

But I am still getting the same error messages about missing find() in
QString. How can I force cmakekde to use this compatibility classes?

Kind regards,
Michael Krauss