[kde-freebsd] font/icon rendering on current / kde 3.5.7

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Sun Sep 16 01:03:12 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 16:25:28 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday, 9. August 2007, JoaoBR wrote:
> > I upgraded a releng_6 to current and kde to 3.5.7 and get strange font
> > and icon appearance. xdpyinfo gives me the correct values and general
> > image and kde appearance is ok. The blured/faded icon edges are hard and
> > steppy.
>
> The last icon trouble I remember was this:
> http://freebsd.kde.org/faq.php#IinstalledanewiconsetandassoonasIselectedita
>lotofmyapplicationsimmediatelycrashedandcantberestartedeitherIamusingFreeBSD
>
> So since the SVG icon code seems sensitive to compiler optimizations, maybe
> you could experiment with recompiling kdelibs changing/unsetting CPUTYPE
> and CFLAGS.

I am not using current so often but I found some time to come back to this
point. I cvsupped, ports are all up to date (today) and I still have this
problem with hard icon and font edges

I can't find the problem, xdpyinfo tells 96x96 dots and general graphic
rendering is ok, no change if I use font aliasing or not, I compiled like
Michael advised without CPUTYPE but no change

I have a NVIDIA (nv in xorg.conf) card but I see no change when trying vesa

my releng_6 on the same machine with the same ports is looking pretty, but it
is amd64 and my current is i386

Is there somebody out with the same problem or not? Could we look at your/our
pkg_info list to compare if I miss something?

I attached a small .png so you can see what I'm talking about.

--

João