[kde-freebsd] KDE4 Status and Support

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Nov 6 11:27:53 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 03:01:58 Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Monday 05 November 2007 17:15:32 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > Parts of it compile, parts of it run.
>
> A me-too of sorts: a month or so ago I tried building it from homegrown
> ports, that is kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, kdepimlibs, using the
> then-available snapshots. As Adrian says, the workspace starts but gets
> stuck in an endless knotify loop. It seems like the dbus services are not
> started or registered properly, e.g. nepomuk.

Not something I've put the time into sorting out.

> I mostly had to do many s/<qmyheader>/<QMyHeader>/. That's with qt3/kde3
> installed. A little symlink spaghetti needed as well, but not unmanagable,

Ah, I've been installing everything (from Qt4 on up) into a separate prefix
(/usr/local/KDE4) so it doesn't run into this problem.

> But alas, the workspace never worked... If we get some progress there I'd
> be happy to go back and try again, and maybe do some more rudimentary
> ports.

The way to progress is, though, fixing some stuff yourself. A stacktrace on
the knotify crashes (which might require some carefully timed work to stop
knotify executing again and again) would be beneficial already,  I think.

[ade]