[kde-freebsd] g++-4 full-config --- g++-3.* full-config

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Mon Nov 5 19:56:26 CET 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007 14:05:31 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> JoaoBR schrieb:
> > certainly I have no luck today, while reinstalling python and kde ports I
> > get this when compiling kdebase.
> >
> > As for all other plugins I see similare to:
> >
> > Conflict in /usr/local/lib/plugins/designer/libkdevdlgplugin.so:
> >   Plugin uses incompatible Qt library!
> >   expected build key "amd64 FreeBSD g++-4 full-config", got "amd64
> > FreeBSD g++-3.* full-config".
>
> This Qt being overly cautious about compiler changes. Since g++ broke
> ABI compatibility so many times over major updates, you can hardly blame
> Trolltech though. My guess is your Qt port was compiled before the
> switch from gcc 3 to gcc4 in -CURRENT.

well right, I figured it finally out this weekend but good to get your
confirmation that this really is the reason

the same thing is causing a confusing error message which appears telling that
most kdelibs was compiled on a different Qt version what leads to a wrong
search but not that Qt was compiled with gcc3, anyway, I got it straight here
for me

so thank's!

--

João